Wednesday, March 01, 2023

'In the Lives of Puppets' by TJ Klune

In the Lives of PuppetsIn the Lives of Puppets by T.J. Klune
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a delightful, compelling read! Fantasy meets post-singularity, apocalyptic science fiction. I loved the quirky robot characters that made me laugh out loud. (I had to look up the Pinocchio references, which was interesting, but it reminded me as much of The Wizard of Oz.) Add a tremendous amount of heart (no pun intended) and humanity to an epic quest, and you come close.

Some reviewers have said it's too long and the ending is unsatisfying; I think the length is fine, but I agree with the assessment of the ending. I WANT MORE! I want to know more of this world and hopefully it's not as bleak as implied. Maybe TJ Klune will write a sequel? That's not his style so far, but there's room here (as well a neurotic Roomba named Rambo -- love, love, love!).

View all my reviews

No comments: