Friday, June 11, 2010

Currently reading

I am currently reading, and have been reading, for the last six weeks since I last posted. I have just been very busy with work (what's up with that, my day job cutting into my reading?!). I was at work until 4 a.m. last night, as a matter of fact, and now I am running on 3 hours of sleep, with a few miles more to go before I get to sleep again.

All that is to explain why I cannot remember the title of the book I'm reading. I have promised to review it so I will report on it. And by then I will be able to supply the title.

Since I last wrote, I thought I would read purely for entertainment (not for review, not for book group) and was interested in the latest Scott Turrow, Innocent. Since it was a sequel to Presumed Innocent, I read that first. I may have read it when it came out 20+ years ago, but if so, I didn't remember it. I enjoyed it, but I think it lessened my enjoyment of the sequel. My reaction to the plot was, "what, again?" It wasn't bad, but I wish I hadn't paid for it, especially when I realized I could have gotten a review copy from the publisher. Sigh.

Well that's all the news I have the energy to type. Until next time, happy perusing!

No comments: