Sunday, March 14, 2010

Reading: Angelology

I am really liking Agnelology,  which is a long (pushing-500-pages) book. Perhaps it speaks to my ability to suspend disbelief that I reacted with, "Oh come on," only a couple of times.  In this book, angels are real, and further, some really bad angels mixed with mankind, and their evil descendants kind of rule the earth. It requires the literal reading of at least parts of Genesis (like the story of the flood). Author Danielle Trussoni does a good job of making all this seem plausible (enough for me). It's a dense book -- you don't want to be skimming -- but it's also a page-turner. How many writers pull that off? Iif you like conspiracy theories and/or thrillers, you could definitely do worse.

I spent most of today reading the book, and the one thing I have to say is it didn't pass the Harry Potter test. Harry Potter test = I can spend a whole day reading and doing laundry and nothing else and feel satisfied. I'm afraid I went a bit stir crazy reading all day. I did do laundry, and I also took a short nap and a short trip to the grocery store to pick up stuff I forgot yesterday. Still, by 4 p.m., I had cabin fever. I'm not sure  what this says; I've never been good at staying home all day, which is confirmed. But then, there are worse ways to spend a rainy Sunday, that's for sure!

UPDATE: I finished it and here's my review.

No comments: